Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi again guys after I made the mistake in my first post with all 5 crosses in the one photo Here is the first of my mothers crosses individually photographed... is it real or fake? and what

Default Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?

Hi again guys

after I made the mistake in my first post with all 5 crosses in the one photo

Here is the first of my mothers crosses individually photographed... is it real or fake? and what gives it away?

Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?

Thanks for the help, I have 4 more but I wont post them all at once.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Nothing wrong with this one. Nice silver grade Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter with a little tarnishing. Ribbon might be replaced but all around a nice little medal.
    Morris

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I notice your from Brisbane, I am also from SEQ area... are there any good dealers around? I have just started collecting and have been buying my few items from overseas.

Stay clear of most Australian dealers, they use our isolation to inflate prices to a ridiculous level.
    All of my militaria has come from Europe or the US because of the quality and availability of the stuff over there.
    I would expect that your other mothers crosses will be fine also.

Australian dealers that i sometimes look at are mostly from Victoria such as both I.S Wright deals from Ballarat, they set prices a little high and are open to negotiations.

Morris

Morris

That's exactly what I thought, thanks for confirming my suspicions ... I went to the show at the RNA a few weeks ago and some of the mothers crosses there were $400 ... That was after I got a full set for $135 US which is why I decided to buy nothing that day until I researched more.

The RNA show use to be good when it started back in 2007/2008 but now its just flooded with fakes and the same stuff every year because no one is buying at prices like you suggested. Just look at the good dealers which are refereed to on here a lot of the time and you will find good deals.

Looks original to me!....

Medal is fine the ribbon is fake.

?

Hello,

As the previous comment, the medal seems good but the ribbon seems to be new.

Greg.