Article about: hats the verdict on this guys

Default silver kreuz ??

silver kreuz ??silver kreuz ??

hats the verdict on this guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement silver kreuz ??
    P
    Many

It's an odd one, but it's not right. The pin, hinge and catch are the type used by Steinhauer & Luck, and the fact that it's unmarked shows that it must be of postwar manufacture IF (That's a big if) it is by them. The real problem is the rivets. Assuming this is an S&L cross the rivets should be of a thin walled hollow variety, but they actually resemble the conical solid type used only by Juncker. So they have either been replaced at some point, or the thing is a completely made up piece.

The wreath could be the S&L type, but it's hard to be sure with these crappy pic's, but it doesn't really matter as the cross is not of wartime manufacture and has been messed with if even made originally by S&L, as it doesn't even closely match any other known maker.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks ned once again your advice is a great help much appreciated....kev

?

Bit like this one Ned..?.I'm not convinced myself by this 1 that has first been posted.. it looks like it trying to be old too & not getting away with it...DKiS are pricey & you won't get a cheap 1 & if you do have a good hard look at it first before parting with your cash... Cheers Terry silver kreuz ??

Hi Terry,

That sure looks like a post war S&L cross, i'm assuming it's unmarked? The one thing noticable that makes me think this is a genuine piece by them without much doubt is the silver paint that was applied over the cupal backplate, a sure sign of an original by this maker. The S&L 'scrape' on the top of the pin also points to post war production.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned.. I have looked at the post war theory.. & all the evidence seemed to come to a false stop.. or a very late war one....Nobody seems to say yes to post war or very late war..so I'm happy with that..I don't mind it being a little dodgy.. lol Cheers Terry.