Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?

Article about: Dear members, could I please have your opinions on this silver Mutterkreuz. It actually looks ok to me, the only thing that bothers me is the less strongly present pebbled pattern underneath

?

Default Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?

Dear members,

could I please have your opinions on this silver Mutterkreuz.

It actually looks ok to me, the only thing that bothers me is the less strongly present pebbled pattern underneath the blue enamel.

Thank you for any help!

Best regards,

cod552

Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?
    P
    Many

It appears to be an original cross with an original ribbon. When you turn it in the light, you should be able to see pebbling under the blue enamel. The cross below is a bronze example, but it shows the pattern clearly. It can sometimes be quite hard to see, but will always be there on an original cross. I have a gold Mutterkreuz with enamel that is more opaque than is usually seen, but in the right light the pebbling is still visible.

Regards, B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer BrodieBartfast!

I tried to do some better lighted pictures. Indeed I think I can see some light pebbling, but it is hardly visible. Just to compare with my bronze Mutterkreuz, you can see the difference.

Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?

It's faint, but definitely there. There were lots of different manufacturers of these crosses, as with any German award type, and there will be variations from maker to maker. Here's the gold cross I was talking about. The first photo was taken inside a lightbox. Even in ideal light conditions, the enamel is hard to see. The second was taken in poor light. Notice how the pebbling under the blue enamel is barely visible in comparison to the silver and bronze crosses.

Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?Silver Mutterkreuz genuine?

You've got nothing to worry about. Your cross is perfectly authentic, and in good shape. There are few fakes of the second pattern cross, and those are generally easy to spot. The first pattern crosses are another matter entirely.

B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

There is some variety in the type of texture in the background, as well as the transparency of the blue enamel.
    Here are some different examples.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Awesome, many thanks for all of your explanations, it helped a lot!