Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?

Article about: Here is a small grouping i am being offered. The 2nd class 1914 Spange looks ok, but what is the medal? Thanks!

?

Default Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?

Here is a small grouping i am being offered. The 2nd class 1914 Spange looks ok, but what is the medal? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?   Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?  

Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?

There is also a N.S.B.O. armband with paper tag, and a repro SS eagle......, too bad for the eagle!

The spange looks ok, any chance of a shot of the reverse?

The medal is a bronze Medal of Merit with swords, a later version as it has the larger ribbon ring. I dont know much about these though. Is there a makers mark on said ring?
    Its a civil award and normal qualification for this would be 2 years of continuous employment with excellent performance in their field of work or the recipient should have made some special contribution which had significantly enhanced the German war effort

Nick

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 01-24-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

No reverse shots yet,seller tried to send, but I did not receive....supposed to get more pics today.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post

The medal is a bronze Medal of Merit with swords, a later version as it has the larger ribbon ring. I dont know much about these though. Is there a makers mark on said ring?
    Its a civil award and normal qualification for this would be 2 years of continuous employment with excellent performance in their field of work or the recipient should have made some special contribution which had significantly enhanced the German war effort

Nick

Also keep in mind that the Verdienstorden vom Deutschen Adler-related decorations were intended for foreigners and not Germans.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

?

I am a little concerned now, ..... i just spoke to my Father-in-law, he said he thought he remembered hearing something back in the 70's , that if the "1" and or the "3" touched the bottom border, that it was a repro....... he can not recall for sure.... any other opinions on this Spange?

?

Well, i just got the Spange, finally........... and i was so disappointed i could not wait to take pics in natural light, ......i am 99.99999% sure this is a fake !!!! My only hope is that the spange is real, but someone did a horrible attempt at putting new pins on, i can totally see the soder !!!!! Also, the poor quality in the L/11 stamping along with the fact it is off center slightly.......here are the pics..................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?   Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?  

Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?   Small grouping i am being offered, opinions?  

?

Does anyone care to confirm my findings,lol ....... and drive the final nail in,lol !

?

The hammer is in my hand.........

Consider the final nail driven home.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yup...more casting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast