Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some New Medals & My First EK2!

Article about: Hi, guys. Just wanted to share these pics of some new medals I recently purchased to add to my growing collection. I picked up the SA sports badge cheap (\\$45) but I was sure it was genuine a

Default Some New Medals & My First EK2!

Hi, guys. Just wanted to share these pics of some new medals I recently purchased to add to my growing collection. I picked up the SA sports badge cheap ($45) but I was sure it was genuine and I think it has a good amount of the silver finish left on it. The only thing is that the catch looks different than I've seen on some others. I'm also really excited to have my first EK2 and with a core looks quite minty. The cross is maker marked "27" I haven't yet done any research on it, but was wondering if anyone knew the maker or had thoughts on it (I was told is was a bit scarcer maker) The ribbon on the EK2 is very nice but has a slight crease as you can see in the photos. How do others deal with this? Is there a safe method for straightening out the crease?

Anyways, happy with these new additions and just wanted to share my own photos of them. Thanks for any feedback!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some New Medals & My First EK2!   Some New Medals & My First EK2!  

Some New Medals & My First EK2!   Some New Medals & My First EK2!  

Some New Medals & My First EK2!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some New Medals & My First EK2!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some New Medals & My First EK2!

Hi Adam

Your EK is an Anton Schenkl. You can find makers on this link:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...markings-4395/

Here is my Schenkl for you to check and compare yours

Your 4 year Long service is a good example !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Some New Medals & My First EK2!  Some New Medals & My First EK2! 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Adam,
    Nice additions! The EK2 is by 27 Anton Schenkls Nachf. - Vienna. I would place this makers crosses in the mid range of rarity, not rare but also not as common as other makers. I wouldn't worry too much about the crease in the ribbon, if it does bother you you could iron it gently under another piece of material.
    The other awards look fine too, I'm not well up on the SA Sportsabzeichen but I know there are others here who can tell you more.
    Is the 4 year service medal marked as well?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, guys and thanks for the replies. Nick, thank you for the link for the makers...most helpful. The crease in the EK2 doesn't bother me too much, but perhaps if I have some free time soon I'll try a very light, conservative ironing with a buffer fabric as you suggest, Adrian. The Heer medal appears to be unmarked and I am assuming these are so uniform in appearance (like the mutter kreuz) that it would be most difficult to try to determine the maker. Anyways, thanks for the feedback...I'm really happy with these additions

Best,
    Adam

Nice set of medals, you have thare...