Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For Souval fans................

Article about: Gents, just a snippet of information, I do not wish to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs, so apologies to those in the know...........according to Mark Woods excellent book "German Meda

Quote by oradour View Post
    ....according to Mark Woods excellent book "German Medal Makers and there marks 1813-1957" and I quote:-
    Rudolf Souval born 1819, master medal maker in Vienna, Austria (something we all knew) workshop based at Strasse Der Julikampfer 23, Souval died in 1899 and the firm was taken over by Herr Ludwig Umlauf and his wife who continued to produce awards still using the Souval name. (something I did not know !).....the book states that at the time of printing (2008) the firm is still in business in a much reduced form, making corporate pins and trophies and that none of the old medal making tools or records exist.
    There we have it, interesting reading indeed......................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Guys,

I read that blurb in Mark Woods' book as well and wondered about the typo for Souval's death - 1899. Do you suppose he meant 1989 or 1999? I guess one of us should really email him and ask...

Best regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12