Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)

Article about: Greetings Gents, I an effort to educate myself and attempt to get myself back into collecting I have been honing my skills and I want to get some feedback on my latest little bit of detectiv

?

Default Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)

Greetings Gents,

I an effort to educate myself and attempt to get myself back into collecting I have been honing my skills and I want to get some feedback on my latest little bit of detective work.
    I found this Prague castle bar, seller makes no claims about its authenticity so no harm there, but I was curious about it. So my thoughts are this, based on my own resources (limited) and this site etc I am going to go on a limb and declare this a based on the clips on the back, the way they are attached and also the detail on the castle looks very sharp in contrast to my references, thoughts ?
    Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)

Am I way off base

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)
    P
    Many

From what little I know / or have seen, the castle itself was smaller and did not fill up the whole frame on the medal spange ( as per the attached photo )
    On the ribbon device it did ( for reasons of size / proportion )

Not sure about the pins but to me they are way too big for a bar to attach to a piece of ribbon.
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 (fake?)  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, In my opinion both yourself and Dan are correct in thinking that this is a fake. The castle is much to large from examples I have seen and the detail is sharper than originals. Leon.

?

Thanks gents, nice to know i wasn't off track
    S!