Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions

Article about: Hi, Is this an original W.W.2 Prague Castle bar? I did not take a photo of the back, being afraid of breaking the pins by removing it from the ribbon. Regards, juno44

?

Default Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions

Hi,

Is this an original W.W.2 Prague Castle bar? I did not take a photo of the back, being afraid of breaking the pins by removing it from the ribbon.

Regards, juno44

Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: OpinionsSpange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions
    P
    Many

No, it is a reproduction...The reverse prongs are incorrect. Here is an original...you can see that the prongs are very short and wide...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions  

?

Thank you Glenn

Regards, Michel

I believe there are some makers of this bar that used the thin prongs.

I will try and find the evidence

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Nick,

Let me know if you find anything.

Regards, Michel

"The top bar is stamped 'L/12' on the reverse, and has the larger and wider prongs. The bottom bar has the two thin prongs, and nothing stamped on it's reverse".

If you look around the forums there are opinions that the thin pronged examples are classed as 'Type B' and are indeed original. I guess the jury is out on this

There is also a single pronged version

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Meybauer used this single prong on their EK spange too

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions   Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Opinions  

I seem to recall that not only the short fat pin version are considered original but then again I don't follow the forums on these spange very much.

?

Hi,

Thank you to all.

Regards, michel