Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Spanienkreuz in Bronze

Article about: Hello everyone, Been looking at this unmarked tomback Spanish Cross with swords in bronze. I have yet to get a reference book on these so a bit out of my element. However from my research he

MAP
    ?

Default Spanienkreuz Grouping w/ La Medalla de la Campana

Well I pulled the trigger and bought the Spanish Cross in Bronze grouping. Quite happy to have picked it up. Roughly 8k of these bronze grades with swords were awarded.

Given the relatively limited number awarded, while these are not cheap, I'm very surprised they do not command more money. I think it is a beautiful badge and have been wanting one for years to add to a tunic I have that has loops for this award (or a DKiG).

It is not marked so I do not know the maker.

The grouping included the SC award document as well as the La Medalla de la Campana 1936-39 and other award document. This was awarded to combatants of the Nationalist faction during the Spanish Civil War from the 17th of July 1936 till the 1st of April 1939. It is a common award that was also produced post war for veterans.

Thanks to others for the help (exploratory thread here: Spanienkreuz in Bronze)

Description from the sale:

Grouping to the German Legion Condor veteran Unteroffizier Skolik. Spanish Cross in bronze with swords.

Nice early tombak piece in very good condition.

"La Medalla de la Campana" in excellent condition.

Both certificates are in very nice condition and were never folded.

Regards,

Michael

(picture credits go to the Klaus B)

Spanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in BronzeSpanienkreuz in Bronze
    Last edited by MAP; 08-13-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Bronze
    P
    Many

Very nice grouping!

Do you have it in hand yet? If so, did the physical size of the SK surprise you? It is quite a large award compared to your run-of-the-mill EKs etc...

MAP
    ?

No. Not yet. I'm in Philly on a mini get a way with the wife and kids. I should be arriving Monday. I've never held one so looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks!!!!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

HI Map,I also gave this some thought,but decided not too.its very nice group though.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Harry. It sat for a long time but while not cheap I think I worked out a fair price.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've never held one so looking forward to seeing it.
    You are in for a treat! The size, weight and details (5 swastikas, 4 eagles and 2 swords) makes for a visually exciting award. You will not be disappointed!

MAP
    ?

Can't wait!!!! Also, when it rains it pours I now have to opportunity to pick up its twin without swords.....

?

congratulations! That is indeed a beautiful medal.

MAP
    ?

ThanksTimpe

one I've wanted for a long time. Next is a DKiG. Just missed out one two opportunities to get one...

Quote by MAP View Post
    Can't wait!!!! Also, when it rains it pours I now have to opportunity to pick up its twin without swords.....
    And a "few more"...

Spanish Cross in Bronze without Swords - 7869
    Spanish Cross in Silver without Swords - 327
    Spanish Cross in Gold without Swords - 1126
    Spanish Cross in Bronze with Swords - 8462
    Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords - 8304
    Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords - 1126
    Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords and Diamonds- 28
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast