Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanienkreuz in Silber

Article about: Hello everyone, I have seen this spanish cross in silver for sale. I do collect german medals, but spanish crosses are not my area of knowledge. So before i buy this medal i really would app

Default Spanienkreuz in Silber ohne schwertern L/11

Hello everyone,

I have seen this spanish cross in silver for sale. I do collect german medals, but spanish crosses are not my area of knowledge. So before i buy this medal i really would appreciate to here more opinions on it.
    Unfortunately i only have the 3 pictures below. I hope you can make a call on that, otherwise i would need to ask for better pics.
    Spanienkreuz in SilberSpanienkreuz in Silber
    Spanienkreuz in Silber

Kind regards,
    juncker93
    Last edited by juncker93; 01-14-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Silber
    P
    Many

Be sure to read this, and keep this in mind.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Ralph,

My bad, will use the proper terminology next time

Regards,
    Juncker93

I don‘t like this one. The eagles head look not good also how the wings touch the end on the bottom right and top look very poor made. The markers mark for wilhelm deumer doesn‘t seem to be correct. IMO not a original one but maybe someone more experienced can help you more on this one.

Regards,
    Dave.

MAP
    ?

Some sources say 327 Spanish Crosses without swords were awarded. Making that one of, if not the least awarded award.

I would want much better photos.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you both for your responses. I am aware of the rarity of this badge. Therefore i asked the seller for better photos and especially clear close ups of everything.
    I am still waiting for his response. The rest of the stuff on his site seems OK with the right prices, this medal just seemed to low priced but he doesn't state that it is repro or fake, which he does with the repro stuff on his site.
    I hope i get some better pictures of the dealer so you can say more on it, otherwise i won't take the risk.
    Last edited by juncker93; 01-15-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Hello,

The seller has send me these pictures with some more close ups. They are not completely sharp but hopefully not to bad to tell if its good or not.
    I would love to here some more opinions on it

Regards,
    Juncker93

Hello Juncker

The cross is not original..
    Safe your money!
    Take a look at the swastikas.. and compare to known originals..
    Also to crude overall finish.. blops and dots all over.
    As pointed out, extremely rare award to come by.. and normally priced in the +thousands when original.

I once was offered one with provenance etc.. and the asking price was 6000£!!

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard