Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanienkreuz Silver

Article about: Greetings, I would like to hear your views on this bill. Thank you

Default Spanienkreuz Silver

Greetings, I would like to hear your views on this bill. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanienkreuz Silver   Spanienkreuz Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz Silver
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I remember seeing this somewhere and if my memory is correct it was for a reasonable price. But I could be confusing it with another one as I've been looking at silver versions for an eventual purchase one day.

I've seen a hinge set up like this before (was it Junker??).

Would be nice to see side shots of both the hinge, catch and closer shots of the eagles.

But I think it's a good one. Let's wait for a concensus from more people.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not keen on it ,no marks should be 900 silver marked eagles badly fitted.

The seller is Giels, according to the manufacturer is unknown.

MAP
    ?

Not all silver versions were in sterling. There were solid silver as well as silver plate versions. This is based on a study on WAF.

Spanish Cross of Honor

I have just begun studying these so am still learning so dont take my views as gosple, but I own two bronze versions myself. I have not yet found a reference book so identifying these for me is tough and trying to ID a maker is not easy either. As noted, to me it could be a Junker based on the hinge and pin (catch I'm not sure about)but better pictures are needed. There were many makers (CEJ,Junker, Meybauer, Berg & Nolte, Schickle, Deumer, etc.)

Look at this example

A Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords by C.E. Juncker - Spanish Cross in Silver - The Spanish Civil War - Third Reich - Army Awards - Germany - Europe

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More photos

Spanienkreuz SilverSpanienkreuz SilverSpanienkreuz Silver

?

Hello Gibello
    Over 700 posts with a recurring theme......authentication. Mate, if you can afford to
    buy one of these you can certainly afford to dig deep & become a Gold Member.
    Just an observation.

Regards
    Brett

Hello Gibello,
    this cross is supposed to be one made by Meybauer,
    If it is a reproduction it is very good but there is enough wrong with it that I wouldn't feel comfortable owning this one.

Regards
    Doug

MAP
    ?

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello Gibello,
    this cross is supposed to be one made by Meybauer,
    If it is a reproduction it is very good but there is enough wrong with it that I wouldn't feel comfortable owning this one.

Regards
    Doug
    Thanks Doug,

As noted I'm still learning on these. Without giving trade secrets a ways, what is it that you see that could be bad?

In looking at other Meybauers, the block hinge on those seemed to be be a bit more robust. This one appears to be thinner (top to bottom)

Thank you very much everyone for your comments and support. Here is the link where you also discussed the piece so that we can draw conclusions together.
    Thank you very much again for all your help.
    Spanienkreuz Silver e-stand - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast