Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish civil war medal awarded to Germans

Article about: Good morning to all at the forum, I'm looking at making a purchase of a Spanish Civil War Medal (Vanguard). The only photo I have is the one I've posted here. Just wondering if anyone has an

?

Default Spanish civil war medal awarded to Germans

Good morning to all at the forum, I'm looking at making a purchase of a Spanish Civil War Medal (Vanguard). The only photo I have is the one I've posted here. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it.

Spanish civil war medal awarded to Germans

Wilko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish civil war medal awarded to Germans
    P
    Many

?

Hello, it's certainly a nice original medal produced in Spain. Just be aware that it may date into the 50' and 60's as they were mass produced decades after the war. you can check my thread at
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...dals-673980-4/

starting at post #31 we discuss in detail how to approximately date them. The last post on the thread also gives some insight on how to identify the first issue medals.

?

Thank you for your reply Aldo, I will check out your thread and do a little more study. Once again thank you for your help and info.
    Wilko

?

Hello Wilko, you're welcome. I'm just learning about these myself and others on the forum have been very helpful. Lambert was kind enough to email me a great article on the manufacture of these medals. If you are interested I can pass it on to you in a pdf file through email, it is however in Spanish.
    Cheers, Al

?

Hi Al, that would be great if you could email the article over to me. I should be able to translate it some how. My email is militariacollector@btinternet.com

I have since this morning made the purchase and now have one with Black edged ribbon and one with Green edged ribbon. As far as I've been able to discover so far is that the green edged ribbon was for the rear guard troops and the Black edged ribbon for the Vanguard or front line troops. Thats if I've got it correct. I will post them in a new thread when I get a few moments to take the photo's.

All the best
    Wilko

?

Hi Al
    I've downloaded the PDF, thanks very much. I will try and translate the relevant bits.
    Wilko

?

Great ! I speak and read Spanish and have difficulty deciphering the article so Good Luck. It does look like a comprehensive breakdown on the subject. Post some pictures of the medals when you get a chance . Thanks again to Lambert for such a wealth of information. Cheers, Al.