Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion

Article about: Hi friends, I have the possibility of buying this medal and I´d like to know if it´s original. The medal was issued by the Spanish Government, not by the German. I have found this info about

Default Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion

Hi friends,

I have the possibility of buying this medal and I´d like to know if it´s original. The medal was issued by the Spanish Government, not by the German. I have found this info about it on the internet (wwii axis reenactment forum • View topic - Azul Division THE SPANISH 'BLUE SQUADRON')

"The Spanish Government also presented a commemorative medal to all Spanish Volunteers who fought against bolshevism in Russia. Again veterans continued to (ans dtill do) wear their awards as originally designed. This meant that there was a market for replacements, so this medal was in production after the end of the war. As with the "Blue Division" medal, these later awards, however, are not considered reproductions as the Spanish Government officially sanctioned them.
    The medal was held by a white ribbon that had on either side with the national colors of Spain and the Third Reich."

Do you think this item is original?

Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - OpinionSpanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion

Kind regards!

Daniel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion

Any thoughts on this one? Daniel posted it in another thread along with several other pieces all of which were bad but I'll leave this thread open as we don't see many of these and the additional information is useful. Also the thread title will be picked up in the search engine for future reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi

This medal is good for me. It's "the medal of the Russian campaign," which were given to fighters Blue Division, fighting on the Leningrad front.

There are two models. This and one for officers, which is composed of three parts and is far more difficult to achieve. This, however, is relatively easy to find.

The price is usually between 100 and 120 € in Spain

Was allowed to continue manufacturing this award for former soldiers who wanted another copy or had lost his way, so the price difference can be in if it was made during the Second World War or later.

Thanks for the info, Soldado Raso. It´s good to know this is an original item. Respecting to your comment about the making period (during the WW2 or later), is there a way to know when the medal was made? Do you have some pictures of the model for officers?

btw, I guess you are Spanish, as I am.

Un abrazo!

Daniel

An example of three-piece medal for officers. The manufactured Rokiski.

Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - OpinionSpanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - OpinionSpanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion
    Attention silver medals in three parts, because those are fakes. Curious, no?

Troop of medals, I know of two manufacturers: Egana and Díez and Company.

With respect to how to identify them, some say they were built in 1943 do not have the gaps between the wings. I'll give an example with his certificate of authenticity

Spanish Volunteer Medal (Spanish Government Issued) - Opinion

Thanks a lot, Soldado Raso.
    According to your post, the medal I show is not a 1943, as there are gaps between its wings.
    In the other hand, your medal is awesome, a really interesting one.

Kind regards!

The medal is not 1943 but does not mean it is not original. I mean, these medals were awarded to divisional Spanish but as I said, these manufacturers continued performing them after the war for the lost soldiers well, had not yet received or wanted to have two.

I know, I know. I understood your explainings
    Thanks a lot once again.

Kind regards!

Daniel