Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS 8 year service medal.

Article about: Hi, can anybody help me verify this ss 8 yr service medal as an original, I think its an original but I would like the benefit of an experienced eye. Regards.

tincankid
    ?

Default SS 8 year service medal.

Hi, can anybody help me verify this ss 8 yr service medal as an original, I think its an original but I would like the benefit of an experienced eye.
    Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 8 year service medal.   SS 8 year service medal.  

SS 8 year service medal.  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS 8 year service medal.

Looks good to me
    Regards, Simon.

?

I would also give it a thumbs up, looks like it might be a possible Deschler.........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

tincankid
    ?

Thought it had to be.. the story goes my grandad took it from a dead german ss officer, I also have a wound medal and some photos that were taken from the same ss officer.. I'll scan the pictures and post on this site.. some graphic shots.. some good history.

tincankid
    ?

This medal is now for sale in the classifieds.

looks fine and the provenance seems impeccable...

?

Quote by tincankid View Post
    Thought it had to be.. the story goes my grandad took it from a dead german ss officer, I also have a wound medal and some photos that were taken from the same ss officer.. I'll scan the pictures and post on this site.. some graphic shots.. some good history.
    I hope you will post these other items for us to look at. It's a shame to break up the group if the items came from the same person.
    Also remember that most vet bring backs were items taken from 'a dead SS officer' and will need solid evidence to support it otherwise it is just a medal and as the saying goes 'buy the item, not the story'.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Also remember that most vet bring backs were items taken from 'a dead SS officer' and will need solid evidence to support it otherwise it is just a medal and as the saying goes 'buy the item, not the story'.........
    Would like to add that this kind of medal with ribbon did not belongs to field uniform so the statement "taken from some dead officer" is more than doubtful always

tincankid
    ?

I did not intend to 'big up' the medal by creating a story around it. It was just what I was told from a child.. , I just thought it was an intresting story, be it true or not... and the item is just a medal and thats all is for sale, sorry if I misled. I have created an album of some of the photo's that were passed down to me with the medal. I will post them on to a seperate forum in a day or so.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/membe...7-albums372id/
    Last edited by tincankid; 06-11-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Hi great medal , can you please post your pictures here with the medal..

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
    Joseph Stalin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast