Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal

Article about: hi guys need help with this medal as im about to buy it ie its originality and its worth its on this web site by mr lafty +3 but has no come back at the moment most appreciated mr brocky

?

Default Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal

hi guys need help with this medal as im about to buy it
    ie its originality and its worth
    its on this web site by mr lafty +3
    but has no come back at the moment
    most appreciated
    mr brocky

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal
    P
    Many

Default http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7792929&posted=1#post7792929

Hello Brocky are you saying this award is for sale on the forums classifieds section? If so I don't see it. And if it were, an award of this caliber and expense would of been vetted I d think? As it were I wouldn't feel confident giving an evaluation of this award. I will paste a reference thread posted by walkwolf from a previous inquiry about another 25 year award in question earlier on the forum. Best regards.

Brian

Dienstauszeichnung der SS – The Long Service Awards of the SS – NS-Kunst

?

thanks brian
    sorry when i said it was on this site mr lafty put it on
    to find out its originality but not on the classified section
    but on the forum it would be a private purchase
    if checks out ok thanks brocky

Ok sorry I misunderstood. So the current owner of this award once had it on this forum to be vetted? If so what was the opinions of those who commented? At the moment with only two pictures to go off of I wouldn't even make an uneducated guess. Much better higher quality photos would be needed even for those well familiar with these awards. The members on here most familiar with these would be tank destroyer as he has two cased examples, possibly Ned if he s back? And or a member we recently (sadly regrettably) lost wagriff. Imo this is too expensive an award to simply have a good or bad feeling about. It will require serious study. Which I'm happy to help with as best I can. Obviously on here we all want to give good EDUCATED advice and I, and hopefully others will be willing/capable of doing so. I will load comparison photos of aspects of your award and the one deemed original on waf as good to look at for now.Attachment 1101864Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalAttachment 1101866Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal

For checking comparison getting started.

BrianSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-13-2017 at 05:37 AM.

This may not translate as well because as I said we need better pictures of the award you are interested in purchasing. But here's some very small positive aspects I can notice. In the front upper right leg of the cross there appears to be a die flaw present two smallish dimples, more visible on the waf example (picture quality) but imo there on both awards. On the reverse of each you can see the suspension ring itself is not round, it s ovoid as it should be. That s where I think the ok comparisons end IF the waf badge IS GOOD?.

Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalAttachment 1101874Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalAttachment 1101876

More comparison. BrianSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-13-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Now for the particulars. The differences I think I can see? The sig runes compared to the center of the cross seem off as well as the positioning/spacing around the intermediate area within the cross arms and wreath. The hand embroidered sig runes on the ribbon to me the gold wire thread looks too small a loop and irregular color compared to the waf badge, also the runes themselves are less defined on your badge. I haven't had the opportunity to really compare the reverses looking at them side by side so I hope this helps. Best regards. Brian

Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal

Brocky another noticeable difference to me is the lower right arm of the sig rune within the wreath (front side of badge). Yours is on top. The waf example is on the bottom the lack of definition is evident. Included as well is a full comparison of your award and waf award with wreath and runes, again waf sig runes example is clearly more defined of two. And lastly images from the attached thread provided by walkwolf of SS long service awards and the embroidered sig runes on award from walkwolf thread to compare against the waf example. Best regards.

Brian

Ss dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medalSs dienstauszeichnung 25 janre medal
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-13-2017 at 06:57 AM.

One last observation I was looking to see if I could pinpoint the mounting loop with the center of the cross/and in relationship to the lettering on the reverse. Could be me could be the picture quality but, I think the S in the letter dienste seem different. The two small sets of sig runes on the waf example again seem more crisp. And lastly the interior raised line on your example is of different thickness than the example from waf (very minute) could be my eyes? JMO. Again best regards.

Brian

Brocky here is another previous thread from our site where a cased example was discussed and deemed original. And by some of the members I had mentioned earlier, worth a look and further comparisons. Brian

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 1.Stufe (25 Jahre)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast