Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Article about: G'day all, I posted some poor quality pics of this medal in my SS display thread and it was considered to be a bad one. I have now taken some better quality pics and I was just hoping to get

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

G'day all,
    I posted some poor quality pics of this medal in my SS display thread and it was considered to be a bad one. I have now taken some better quality pics and I was just hoping to get some final opinions before I try to return it. I have read on the axis forum that there was a late variation of this medal which had 6 bars on the ribbon tie instead of the 5 that are usually seen and thought it was worth a final appraisal. I appreciate your time and effort boys and in no way by posting this thread am I doubting the knowledge of those of you that have already commented on this medal, it is simply that these photos are much better and may give a different opinion. Thanks once again,

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).  

Last edited by Adrian; 10-02-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS long service medal

Axis History Forum • View topic - 5 (!) year service medal for the SS

Hopefully this link thingy worked out ok, about halfway down the page there is a paragraph on a variant of the medal. Cheers, Dave.

?

Default Re: SS long service medal

The suspension ring alone would be enough for me to question authenticity. The only originals I know of have a pointed profile, not a round wire section ring.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Thanks Adrian, it was worth asking the question.

Sorry Dave, this is a 1970's British made fake. Points that are bad, wreath and wreath binder and suspension jump ring.

See this thread from last week:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...chnung-218328/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I just wanted to be sure. Once again you blokes have saved me a heap of money, thank you all very much. Fortunately the bloke I got it from is very good and is quite prepared to take it back. Thank you all once again,
    Cheers, Dave.

As Adrian says if the suspension ring isnt bevelled I would be suspicious

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers Nick.