Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)

Article about: Hi everyone. I received this medal to analise, and want to here some opinions from you. What do you thing about then? The UV light from the ribbon was negative. The SS medal in the picture l

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)

Hi everyone. I received this medal to analise, and want to here some opinions from you. What do you thing about then? The UV light from the ribbon was negative. The SS medal in the picture looks have a irregular bottom, but its only dirt - when you fell it it's very plain with no irregular parts.

Does anyone know the correct weight of this medal, so I can check it?

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    P
    Many

The jump ring attached to the medal is incorrect, for starters.
    Have a read of this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If you've just bought it get your money back, Regards Paul

In my experience, medal from SS or with suastika have problems sometimes for obviouslly reasons. It's not rare to have replacement rings or ribbons due to past damages. But in this case, I Check the weight, the correct is 23 grams, this medal have 27 g. So its probably fake.

Quote by Lacativa View Post
    In my experience, medal from SS or with suastika have problems sometimes for obviouslly reasons. It's not rare to have replacement rings or ribbons due to past damages.
    Replacement rings or ribbons is one thing, replacement jump rings is something else.
    This would require re-soldering which would affect the finish.
    Posting larger, and in focus photos of the jump ring would eliminate the need to guess.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)