Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw

Article about: Name: IMG_0980.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 206.9 KB  ID: 810336 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> This is the 8 year ned and the ring is beefier for sure . The pebbling is real

raz
    ?

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiwSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw

This is the 8 year ned and the ring is beefier for sure . The pebbling is really fine on it. Sorry but I am a hunt and peck computer dummy.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-03-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw
    P
    Many

Hi Dennis,

As I mooted on the other thread, this is indeed the type I SS 8 year medal that was at one time incorrectly reputed to have been made by Deschler.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-medal-529191/

The type II that at the same time was again mistakenly thought to be made by Petz & Lorenz looks a lot different, here's an example of it, notice the different coarser background pebbling, the wreath, the binder and the narrower suspension ring as well as other slighter differences in the lettering.

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiwSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) for reveiw

I have to say that your medal above is one of the nicest examples of a genuine 8 year medal of either type I have seen, thanks for showing it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

raz
    ?

Thanks ned, I have a lot to learn for sure. Your input is greatly appreciated . Once you point out these things it sure makes a difference to the untrained eye.

a very clean and detailed medal great.

raz
    ?

Thank you harryamb2 for your input