Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).

Article about: Hello all, may I know your opinion on this medal? Thank you for your comments:

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).

Hello all, may I know your opinion on this medal?
    Thank you for your comments:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-08-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS service medal

Hi Ziggy,

This looks like an old fake type known as the 'Hybrid' fake or 'Bubble' fake I believe. Standby for other comments.

Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

my goodness, this is very good,im pleased there are people here like ned to save us money,i was thinking very nice, thank you ned for saving my blushes.how much money has this forum saved us all? best regards,george

Ned, thank you a lot..I thought this medal is OK
    If this one is fake (and it probably is), so it looks very convincing to me...

Just got email from the seller with pictures of more service medals he can offer....I have no good feeling when I look at them. IMO all this stuff stinks
    What you say?

I am no expert either by any means but I think that you are correct in that these are all fakes.
    I do not like the look of any of them and the metal and patination look odd.

I agree with my colleagues that these are all fakes. Who is offering these items? You will get more feedback on the Orders and Medals Forum so I will move this thread there.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A genuine example for comparison.
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre).
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ziggy,

This looks like an old fake type known as the 'Hybrid' fake or 'Bubble' fake I believe. Standby for other comments.

Ned.
    Ned, why is it called the 'hybrid' or 'bubble' fake?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ned, why is it called the 'hybrid' or 'bubble' fake?
    Hi Adrian,

The name 'Bubble' fake comes from the coarser finish of the background 'stippling' than that seen on originals of the medal, note the differences as shown against the one Bob has posted.
    The name 'Hybrid' fake is used because the medal itself shows remarkable similarities in the detailing, lettering & suspension loop to the Deschler types, but the eyelet is in the style of the Petz & Lorenz type SS medals, it's neither one or the other, it's a mix, and therefore bad. This fake first appeared in the 70's and is pretty good for the time as it fooled a lot of collectors and dealers, hence it's re appearance as time (and collectors) move on.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast