Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) / SS Four Year Service medal

Article about: Hello could some one tell me if this is original or repo I personally never had one but been offered this one Thanks for the help

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) / SS Four Year Service medal

Hello could some one tell me if this is original or repo
    I personally never had one but been offered this one
    Thanks for the help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) / SS Four Year Service medal   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) / SS Four Year Service medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) / SS Four Year Service medal
    P
    Many

Hello,
    In my humble opinion this one is a fake. Quite a good one as it looks to be based on the P&L design
    It does not have the attributes that are considered to be a good example.

Cheers
    Doug

ok thanks doug for future reference what do i look for on this medal to make sure its original please

Well Halo,
    on the medal that you presented it immediately stands out as a reproduction. The reasons below are just pointers.

The Ribbon teardrop is welded in the middle. It should be welded at the narrow part of the ring.
    The jump ring (the ring that the teardrop mounts in to) is round. This is typical of a Souval post war example. It should be chamfered on both sides.

Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 02-08-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelink

ok doug thank you like i say never had one before so when i was offered one i was like wow glad i asked you guys thanks again