Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stick pins, anyone?

Article about: I'm not entirely sure where to post these, so if I'm in the wrong forum I hope you'll forgive me. Anyways, here are some of my stick pins. Enjoy. A couple of three-piece stick pins, each wit

?

That is a lovely collection , i hate to tell you however the volksbund der deutschen in ungarn enamel badge is sadly a late 1970s-1980s repro. There are 2 repro versions one is marked to the rear A.Hyngar budapest and the other is marked R.K to the rear , the original badge looks very different.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stick pins, anyone?
    P
    Many

Quote by jimm View Post
    That is a lovely collection , i hate to tell you however the volksbund der deutschen in ungarn enamel badge is sadly a late 1970s-1980s repro. There are 2 repro versions one is marked to the rear A.Hyngar budapest and the other is marked R.K to the rear , the original badge looks very different.
    I suppose it's possible. I'm sure many larger collections have a few fakes mixed in...you can't win 'em all, as they say. I can't remember from whom/where I got it, or even how long ago I got it. What I do know about it is that it's enamel, not plastic, the white enamel has the tiny black flecks that are endemic to the pre-war white enamel, and the maker marks is REDO over GES. GESCH., with a truncated oblong plate holding the pin in place; it's not an RK or A. Hyngar mfg.

Stick pins, anyone?
    Here's a quick shot of the back, if it helps, jimm.

?

Jimm is right about the Hungarian pin. I believe it is a fantasy design.

Besides that, the pin plate on the reverse gives it away. Any with that type of pin setup are fake.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Jimm is right about the Hungarian pin. I believe it is a fantasy design.

Besides that, the pin plate on the reverse gives it away. Any with that type of pin setup are fake.
    Meh. It happens to all of us. Thanks for catching it. It's been living in a Riker mount for so long now, I can't even remember the last time I had it out before today.

Indeed it's happened to most if not all of us at some time in our endeavor...The coffin-shaped pin-plates are indicative of a reproduction...Easy rule to remember: Coffin-shape=Kiss of Death....
    cheers, Glenn

Good news/bad news... I took a quick look through all the rest of my similar pins. The bad: my DJ pin has the same coffin-shaped plate; I'd always kind of suspected that one anyway. The good: none of my other enamels have this same shaped plate. The really good news: I briefly got myself reacquainted with an old part of my collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2