Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.

Article about: Hello all, These appear to be two different crosses on completely different backgrounds, correct? original mothers cross in silver - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics Anyone kn

Default Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.

Hello all,

These appear to be two different crosses on completely different backgrounds, correct?

original mothers cross in silver - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Anyone know anything about the seller?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section. 
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-27-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Photos added.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.
    P
    Many

Default Re: strange Mother's Cross in the classifieds section

You can clearly tell that the ribbons are different on these two examples.

On a side note...are extremely high prices the norm for the WRF sale section?

Mr Bob Coleman has already shown concern about the seller. Two posts and they are only on the classifieds. I would avoid the items, as the seller has no history here.

A sane person would avoid this seller just based upon the prices of his items!

The cap he posted was fake, but I don't see any problem with this medal. I wish the first picture showed all of the ribbon.

Corey

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Mr Bob Coleman has already shown concern about the seller. Two posts and they are only on the classifieds. I would avoid the items, as the seller has no history here.
    Maybe a good idea to have a minimum post requirement to post in the classified section. Anyone can get photos of something on the net and post them for sale on this forum without having any knowledge of militaria collecting in general.

William Kramer

Caveat Emptor......And that's just the freakin' postage!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.

As a general note to all -

Whenever an item in the classifieds section is discussed you must post photos of the item in the discussion thread and you must post a link to the discussion in the sales advert.

That way, we can see the item being discussed, the thread won't become useless when the item is removed and also someone might buy the item without knowing it's being discussed.

The price of this Mutterkreuz is quite frankly extortionate and will prevent most people buying it based upon that alone. Whether the two images are of the same cross is difficult to say. It's not beyond the realms of possibility the seller added or removed a ribbon and if he bought the cross and saved the original seller's image and not had the other side he might have taken another which would explain the different background.
    Looks strange but not unexplainable.
    If ther is any doubt, just ask for more photos. If there's any suspicion, just report it to a member of the forum staff.

Common sense again Guys!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Strange Mutterkreuz in the classifieds section.

Somethings smells funny here and for once it's not my socks.