Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sudeten Medal with Prague Castle Bar parade mount

Article about: Friends For your review, a parade mounted Sudeten Medal with Prague Castle Bar. This parade mount is in very nice condition and I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention it goes with my recent r

Default Sudeten Medal with Prague Castle Bar parade mount

Friends

For your review, a parade mounted Sudeten Medal with Prague Castle Bar. This parade mount is in very nice condition and I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention it goes with my recent ribbon bar with the Prague Castle. This award was given over a million times and the Castle Bar was awarded only 135K times. It's nice to see some survive in decent condition.

Incidentally, Heydrich made his office at the Prague Castle and according to WIKI, he wore the crown jewels of the Kings of Czechoslovakia. In Czechoslovakia it is said that wearing the crown jewels is a curse and wouldn't you know it.....Heydrich was dead within a year of wearing it. The castle dates back to the 900 AD.

Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprgnrbn1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	313.9 KB 
ID:	609069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprg1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	609072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprgbar1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	609070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprg2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	609071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprgrev1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	320.1 KB 
ID:	609068[ATTACH=CONFIG]609067[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudprgsde1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	609067  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Great parade mount and in great shape.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric

Found it at an antique shop, couldn't resist.

Darn mouse just died, should make for fun navigating! Sharon, where are the bloody battries!

Mark

She's a beaut!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Just out of interest are the prongs the same as on my example?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick

The bar is attached to the ribbon and metal plate. I'm afraid I'd have to pry it up to see if the prongs are the same and it doesn't look like I'd be able to reattach it as tightly as it's attached. So I don't think I'll be prying it up. You have a lovely example there, Nick!

Mark

No worries mate

I am hoping to dispell a thought that only original Prague bars have the wide prongs.

I am sure a maker produced these bars with the thin prongs

Nick

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    No worries mate

I am hoping to dispell a thought that only original Prague bars have the wide prongs.

I am sure a maker produced these bars with the thin prongs

Nick
    Oh, I see what you mean. Standby, I'll try to "feel" what might be under the fabric....

Nick, just had a physical look and also in the 5th pic down, it can be seen that the triangular prongs have been used. Details, details!

Mark

Great! Thanks for looking Mark

The quest continues !

Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast