Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Tank badge?

Article about: Hi guys, Someone propose to trade me those ww2 german badges but I have no idea what the names of the badges and if the're really original. I need expert like you guys to help me about this.

Question Tank badge?

Hi guys,

Someone propose to trade me those ww2 german badges but I have no idea what the names of the badges and if the're really original. I need expert like you guys to help me about this. Thank a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank badge?   Tank badge?  

Tank badge?   Tank badge?  

Tank badge?   Tank badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank badge?
    P
    Many

?

They kind of look like they are cast, especially the panzerabzeichen in the last image.

Quote by Dean View Post
    They kind of look like they are cast, especially the panzerabzeichen in the last image.
    What are cast?

They are all fake badges that have been cast using molten metal poured into a mould. Original badges were die struck; that means a piece of metal sheet was put between two dies, a male and female piece of tool steel with the design incised, and then compressed under force to produce the badge.

General, you really need to use the forum search facilities to educate yourself a bit more as to the manufacture and appearance of genuine pieces if you wish to follow this hobby at a reasonably adequate level. Your lack of understanding will lead to you never prospering in it, as you only get out what you put in, and so far from reading the nature of your posts, you haven't got the slightest idea, even to the point that you don't even know what it is your being offered.

You need to shape up or ship out mate, as otherwise you will fail dismally. Afterall, what's the point of collecting something you know absolutely nothing about. it'll all end in tears if you can't be bothered to learn.

YOU DECIDE.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    They are all fake badges that have been cast using molten metal poured into a mould. Original badges were die struck; that means a piece of metal sheet was put between two dies, a male and female piece of tool steel with the design incised, and then compressed under force to produce the badge.

General, you really need to use the forum search facilities to educate yourself a bit more as to the manufacture and appearance of genuine pieces if you wish to follow this hobby at a reasonably adequate level. Your lack of understanding will lead to you never prospering in it, as you only get out what you put in, and so far from reading the nature of your posts, you haven't got the slightest idea, even to the point that you don't even know what it is your being offered.

You need to shape up or ship out mate, as otherwise you will fail dismally. Afterall, what's the point of collecting something you know absolutely nothing about. it'll all end in tears if you can't be bothered to learn.

YOU DECIDE.
    Ok thank, but that don't sound too encouraging, I know what I'm buying, I just didn't had time to search the full german name of the 3 badges, don't forget that I'm new to this hobby, I can't learn everything in one night. I actually learned many things about many of the 3rd reich awards this week by searching on internet and book. We never told me how to identify if a medals or badges is fake that why I keep asking before buying :/

Wise words from Ned...My standard advice is to research the subject you intend to collect, that way you go into a potential purchase armed with knowledge...and there is no easy substitute for that. In my case, I was always fascinated/obsessed with German Militaria and WWII in general even as a youngster, so the studying/researching came easy and has always been an enjoyable part of the collecting-experience for me...I hope you find the same level of interest, and wish you well in your collecting endeavor...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank, and I know the subject, I always been fascinated by WW2 for a long time and I always liked collecting things. I just need to know if something fake or original before buying.

Quote by General View Post
    Thank, and I know the subject, I always been fascinated by WW2 for a long time and I always liked collecting things. I just need to know if something fake or original before buying.
    Again, all the answers are here if you endeavour to use the forum search facility, I would encourage you to at least try that first, then you will be able to make a considered opinion before throwing your money away, it's there for your education, use it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Closed due to it being a mis-titled multi item thread with badges posted in the wrong forums.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....