Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"

Article about: Hello Everyone, This is my Spanish Blue Division Medal. It was part of a number of other awards brought back by a family member. I do not know how common these are and I believe the medal is

Default Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"

Hello Everyone,
    This is my Spanish Blue Division Medal. It was part of a number of other awards brought back by a family member. I do not know how common these are and I believe the medal is a little salty. I do not know if the cloth is original to the medal or not because the Division colors were yellow and orange I believe? Any information you have would be helpful!
    Thaddeus

Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"
    P
    Many

You are right: the ribbon is incorrect for the medal and is from a WW1 era EKII.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian! Would you recommend that I remove the ribbon or leave it?
    Thaddeus

?

It is a little salty but I don't think there can be many questions over authenticity. As already noted, the ribbon is as Ade says.

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Thank you Adrian! Would you recommend that I remove the ribbon or leave it?
    Thaddeus
    Remove the ribbon and find a correct one. This just doesn't belong with it. Finding one to match the condition of the medal will be tricky............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....