Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division" medal - fake or real help needed ? thanks

Article about: hi, first thank you for reading this i have recently come in to contact with a blue division medal but having problem finding out if its a real one or repo if there anyway i can find out ? a

Default Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division" medal - fake or real help needed ? thanks

hi,

first thank you for reading this i have recently come in to contact with a blue division medal but having problem finding out if its a real one or repo if there anyway i can find out ?

any information with be much appreciated

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	400873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	400874  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	400875  
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-23-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default re: Spanish Blue division medal fake or real help needed ? thanks

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division" should be made of zink, if German made. There are also Spanish made replacements.

Clear pics taken in daylight are best. But I would say this is a copy. Note the poor detail and modern ribbon.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

damn i purchased a selection of german ww2 medals yesterday the rest i am fine with they are real it was just this one i was not sure about thanks for your reply

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.

I agree with Ade, it looks like a very poor casting which has resulted in the soft details.

Please post the rest of the collection you purchased so we can see if they're ok.

I agree with what has been said. I have been looking for one for a while and originals are very hard to come by

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Spanish Blue division medal fake or real help needed ? thanks

Here's my example to compare

The you teach is a reproduction

Default Re: Spanish Blue division medal fake or real help needed ? thanks

hi gents i have posted the selection of medal i bought under a new thread title rest of the medals i bought real or fake ?

take a look please and give me your options regards