Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this isn't in the right place. Basically I have some third reich era badges, medal and iron cross and was hoping that you'd be able to tell me

Default Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this isn't in the right place. Basically I have some third reich era badges, medal and iron cross and was hoping that you'd be able to tell me if they are genuine or repos.
    Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?cross and was hoping that you'd be able to tell me if they are genuine or repos.

Im pretty sure the pin and badges are reproductions (though please correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm not sure about the iron cross and war merit medal.

Many thanks
    Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?
    P
    Many

You are at least right about the badges, they are not good.
    Are you intending to start collect TR things? And welcome to the forum

Thank you, I don't collect myself but I do come across third reich items from time to time as I trade in antiques.

Even though the badges are repos would anyone still buy them or are they worthless?

?

Question

I have to disagree! I do Not see anything about the pins that look wrong.
    I'd like to see a photo of the IC1 with the pin open, but don't see anything that jumps out at me about it.
    Sarge

For the best replies, the guys are going to need
    much better pics - close-ups of each
    one - individually.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I have to disagree! I do Not see anything about the pins that look wrong.
    I'd like to see a photo of the IC1 with the pin open, but don't see anything that jumps out at me about it.
    Sarge
    Every badge except for the Deutsche Kinderschar badge has the coffin shaped pin plate.
    The kiss of death as far as authenticity is concerned.

Regards
    Brett

Hi, from what I see, almost, if not all are fake pin backs. This type is known as the "coffin" style pin attachment. This equals fake. I dont like the iron cross either, but would need better pics to be sure. Stick pin, same, better pics. Merit third is probably ok, but looks as if it has been repaired.

I like the serial numbered TENO stick pin!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks guys

Here are some close ups of the pin and cross. If it helps, the cross appears to be of the 3 piece construction, and is the right dimensions according to the internet.

If theres anything else i can provide that will help you i.e. pictures of specific areas or details let me know

Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?Third Reich Badges/iron cross real or fake?

Matt

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    A little reading before you post would save me a lot of work, make it easier for members to assist you, and make my day. We also have areas for the political pins and other assorted items.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Enjoy your stay!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)