Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal

Article about: Just got this one. Any concerns? All looks good to me. Thanks!!

Default Re: Thoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal

Hi Helmtone,

I want to share with you pictures of my Carl Poelath, Schrobenhausen set.
    But the I cant upload the pictures... are not valid files...????
    Adrian, can you help me?

Regards.,

VonRiver

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal
    P
    Many

Heres one just for comparison that I have, which I think is the same as Steve and VonRiver is on about.
    Medal looks ok I think! ribbon is fake! never been sure about the packet.
    Best regards
    Rod
    Thoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall MedalThoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall MedalThoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall MedalThoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall MedalThoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal

Hi.,

Yes is the same set...
    Mine Carl Poelath, Schrobenhausen set... the ribbon that is a fake, had a ribbon bar that is new but past the UV teste.
    The packet and the medal maybe original from the Carl Poelath, but i dont believe it is a wartime made (they are new... new zinc).

Regards.,

VonRiver

These are perfectly original zinc medals and paper packets. They were discovered many years ago in quantity but all lacked the ribbons.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'd be OK with that if the maker mark wasn't cut out on my packet. I'd rather just have one that was complete without damage. I think that would ease my mind, but thank you, Adrian, for clearing that up!

For some years after the discovery of these there was concern that there was a spelling mistake in the makers location and some people mistakenly labeled these as "fake". As a result of this scare, some mis-informed people started cutting the makers mark off the packets to try and make them more saleable and thus spoiling a perfectly original item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well that would explain it! What a pity. The envelope is in such great condition minus the maker. Hasty decisions made by those in the past will forever affect its future.

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson;620596]For some years after the discovery of these there was concern that there was a spelling mistake in the makers location and some people mistakenly labeled these as "fake". As a result of this scare, some mis-informed people started cutting the makers mark off the packets to try and make them more saleable and thus spoiling a perfectly original item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes thanks very much Ade.
    I was just going to ask that question. Seemed like a very strange thing to do and had me puzzled.
    Thanks
    Rod

?

Do you have an opinion about originality?

Thoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall MedalThoughts on Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal

?

To be honest peewee, I don't like it personally, the details are a little too soft for my liking. There are enough of these around to make me want to pass on the one you picture and look for another.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast