Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts of medal and badges lot

Article about: by fischer Good Eye Jerry...I did not even look at the Doc. It also has Rommels signature and SS runes stamped on it. A Big Red Flag...run away! I stopped looking when I saw Hitlers signatur

?

Default Thoughts of medal and badges lot

I will get better close up pictures soon but if anyone can tell me from these pictures if any of them look bad/fake I would be pleased to know.

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of medal and badges lot   Thoughts of medal and badges lot  

Thoughts of medal and badges lot   Thoughts of medal and badges lot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts of medal and badges lot
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Thoughts of medal and badges lot

From these photos, there looks like alot of good items here, it's a nice collection. I certainly can't see anything about the decorations that would alarm me.

Not sure about the Ghetto armband though.

I hope you can get some better pics, don't forget, start a new thread for each different item.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A good looking collection with many original items as Adrian says !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    From these photos, there looks like alot of good items here, it's a nice collection. I certainly can't see anything about the decorations that would alarm me.

Not sure about the Ghetto armband though.

I hope you can get some better pics, don't forget, start a new thread for each different item.
    I agree with Adrian.
    When you do post them, please post front and back photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Adrian noted, the Ghetto armband is questionable. The last several years, the market has been flooded with these pieces. The stitching on this one is suspiciously bright and new in appearance.
    Other than that, there looks to be quite a number of very nice items in the lot. Any one(or several) that you would like to know about in particular?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The Deutsche Wehrmacht armband may be suspect as well. Plus all sorts of odd stamps etc. on the war merit cross citation. I agree on the Ghetto armband. Also the polish ex-concentration camp victims cross should have a barbed wire design on the ring, if it dosn't, its a copy.
    Pete

?

I am dealing with the owner of this collection at the moment. Do you think 2500 eur would be a good and fair price for all of it? Let me know your thoughts.

Quote by ackb View Post
    I am dealing with the owner of this collection at the moment. Do you think 2500 eur would be a good and fair price for all of it? Let me know your thoughts.
    For me, there are several red flags.

First, as mentioned, I do not like the Ghetto armband and the DRK band with the stamp is suspect.
    In the first pic the GAB wreath is broken, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen looks ground dug and possibly a fake.
    Both the Lufty and Heer buckles have been pinged out or de-nazified.

The Prussian buckles look nice, especially the copper colored one but the medallions are dented on both.
    The only EK1 looks to have something going on with the swazy. The WW1 EK2's, Hindy and Merit crosses are not very expensive items IMO

On the plus side there are several EK2's and several various packet sets...but again we do not see the reverse or what makers they are.

It is hard to tell what the combined value or even the value of the individual items would be without reverse pics.
    Is the reverse hardware still intact, missing or has it been repaired in any way? Missing or repaired hardware can reduce the value of an item severely.

From what I see here, based on what I see items selling for, I would not pay 2500 euros or $3,150.00 US dollars for this lot.

Best Regards, fischer

PS. I would like to see the obverse and reverse pics of the Assault Badges if possible.

Is that Hitlers signature on the KVK document, that would be a red flag to me and the SS stamp on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Is that Hitlers signature on the KVK document, that would be a red flag to me and the SS stamp on it.
    Good Eye Jerry...I did not even look at the Doc. It also has Rommels signature and SS runes stamped on it.

A Big Red Flag...run away!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast