Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, hope everyone is keeping safe and sane in this crazy time... I saw this Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by Wilhelm Hobacher for sale, I am acutely aware the picture qaulity is bad, but it

Default Thoughts on Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen

Hi guys, hope everyone is keeping safe and sane in this crazy time...

I saw this Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by Wilhelm Hobacher for sale, I am acutely aware the picture qaulity is bad, but its the best I could get from the seller unfortunatley.

I have some concerns, the deck has no bouble line, the waves look a bit less detailed and the mast has some part missing or not included at all. And the obvious missing pin and catch.

Any opinions on this badge would be greatly appreciated, I have my doubts of authenticity and would just like some help.

Thoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

As you say the picture quality is bad and it is hard to make out any good obverse detail.

However,looking at the reverse images i'm inclined to think that this may be a good original WH.

The cutouts look good,as does the maker mark.The guides for mounting the catch and hinge look correct also.

It would help if the seller could provide more detailed images.

Cheers,Martin.

Default New pics

Thanks so much for the reply Martin, I do really appriciate it. I got some more clearer pics, hope these can help.

Thoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on ZerstörerkriegsabzeichenThoughts on Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen

The pic's are a little better and i'm still inclined to think it is an original WH.
    Also,the obverse gilging looks very good,maybe too good.It may be the original finish though ??

Cheers,Martin.

Thank you for taking the time Martin, I appreciate it alot