Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Today my Wife picked this up and we are both clueless

Article about: Today my wife and i went to a militaria show and she surprised me with this. She enjoys the Alpine troops and there awards and thought I would enjoy having this in my collection. The one thi

Default Today my Wife picked this up and we are both clueless

Today my wife and i went to a militaria show and she surprised me with this. She enjoys the Alpine troops and there awards and thought I would enjoy having this in my collection. The one thing we could find out about this is we THINK its a 40 years in the organization award for the DAV. She is pretty set on saying she thinks its a post war item but i am willing to bet its a pre or during the war item. I have attached photos of both front and back and any info you can assist me in would be great!

Many thanks!

RileyToday my Wife picked this up and we are both cluelessToday my Wife picked this up and we are both clueless

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Today my Wife picked this up and we are both clueless
    P
    Many

About the German Alpine Club, Wikipedia says this "After World War II, the DAV was dissolved by the Allied authorities. Its assets were held by the Austrian Alpine Club as trustee. The German Alpine Club was re-established in 1952" Before the war it was the DOAV so the badge would have those letters if pre-war. Is it wartime? ....... I dont know.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Riley, the Deutscher Alpenverein or DAV is the German Alpine Club.

German Alpine Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you gentlemen, this has got me a good heads start into researching further into this award/badge. It does say after WWII the DAV was dissolved. So with that being said its a good possibility that this was given during or before the second world war. I will continue to read into it and see what i can gather. Once again, thank you.

Cheers, Riley

Hi Riley, have a look here:

Winterhilfswerk.com Web Shop - Categories

Chrys, who owns the site is a member here. He might be able to add more.

View Profile: winterhilfswerk Book - WW2 German, Soviet, Allied militaria, uniforms, awards, weapons history. War relics forum

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!