Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

TR? Lot of items for review, please.

Article about: The mugs are fine! Now go back and get the matching Luft Saucers...! William And, youre probably by far the safest sticking with a decent dealer like Lakeside or someone similar. You might p

Default Re: TR? Lot of items for review, please.

The mugs are fine! Now go back and get the matching Luft Saucers...! William
    And, youre probably by far the safest sticking with a decent dealer like Lakeside or someone similar. You might pay abit more, but at least you know what youre getting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I agree Wagriff, the safer route is suggested for inexperienced/beginning collectors, such as myself. When I have more experience I can try to "get the deal". I will always gamble on inexpensive pieces if given the chance, just my nature.

Speaking of saucers, and other unworldly things....wink wink....there's an asteroid heading for a near-miss with our terra-firma!

Green

Just read about it. Aircraft carrier sized - it will pass by
    about 201,700 Km from Earth, November 8, 2011
    at approximately 6:28 pm.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quite interesting, Walkwolf. It will be closer to us than the moon is to us in its orbit. What a thought.....we put people on the moon (its so close) and this "monstrosity" will be closer. A real close shave!

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 11-09-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: another typo

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Thank you for your replies, Wagriff and Walkwolf. If original camp scripts are valued at such a price, then perhaps a lower display shelf may exist for it!? I would like to ask why your answers are such for the Mother's Cross.

Green
    The writing on the reverse should be etched

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick, details details. Lots to know!

Green

?

From the front the Mutterkreuz is visually acceptable but one look at the back you can tell instantly things are very wrong. As Nick says, the legend on the back should be etched or indented into the surface but this stands proud which is an instant giveaway. Compare it to the many posted on the forum and you will see the differences.

Adrian

This is so clear, now that you and Nick have made me see the light, or etching in this case. I took my nap and will go on the hunt for a few hours today. I will admit, my Mutter completely fooled me.

Green

From the front of the mothers cross I noticed how the white enamelled border gets narrower as they reache the center . I have noticed this on crosses on some repo sites. Also the corner points of the star burst arenít pointed enough.
    These are just things that I look out for (of course I might be totally wrong with all the different makers that there were)The guys have already pointed out about the back.
    I to like a wee gamble on cheap things aswell. looks like it could be a welldone on the other items.
    Regards Rod

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The swastika on the Mothers Cross is also tilted slightly to the left.........!
    Just to pick up on the point Steve has made about the tilted swastika on the Mutterkreuz, this isn't always a sign of a fake. The swastika is on a seperately applied disc which is located on the main body of the cross by a male/female fitting. Depending on which maker we look at it could be a square, a triangle or pins to point out just a few. So, if the person assembling the crosses wasn't paying attention it is possible to find the central disc not orientated correctly. For example, if we're talking about a triangular male/female locating system, if the disc was applied with the points of the triangle one turn to the right, the swastika will be tilted in the wrong direction, ie; the top might end up bottom right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast