Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen

Article about: The Civil Service Faithful Service Medal (Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen fur Beamte Angestellte und Arbeiter im offentlichen Dients) was founded on the 30th of January 1938, in two grades, to rewar

?

Default Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen

The Civil Service Faithful Service Medal (Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen fur Beamte Angestellte und Arbeiter im offentlichen Dients) was founded on the 30th of January 1938, in two grades, to reward civilians in the employ of the German public services for long and faithful service.

All officials, employees, and laborers at any level of the public service (local, regional or national) who complete 25 or 40 years service we eligible.

The second class award was for 25 years of service was a silver cross, with a silver wreath and a black enameled swastika in the center of the cross.

The first class award was for 40 years of service was a gold cross, with a gold wreath and a black enameled swastika in the center of the cross.

The reverse of both classes was stamped with 'Für Treue Dienst' (For Faithful Service).

The ribbon for the medal is cornflower blue.

here are photos of the silver award from my collection

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen   Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen  

Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen   Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen  

Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen

Very nice Al! I like these crosses.

Do you have a Gold in your collection yet, there seems to be many fore sale

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Nick , no i haven`t got a gold one yet but i will add one soon I think these are not collected as much because they are not campaign medals . I don`t normally collect civil awards either and i`ve only just got this , but as you say , it looks good and caught my eye , and got it for a song !
    Al

Al

You are right. If something catches my eye like its a gotta have

There are currently some nice cased Gold crosses around and at really good prices IMO

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem