Treudienst Ehrenzeichen

Article about: This arrived in the post today and i'd like to say a big thank you to Harryamb2 who kindly sent it to me, it's battered and been burnt and missing it's suspension ring lug but i'm really ple

Default Treudienst Ehrenzeichen

This arrived in the post today and i'd like to say a big thank you to Harryamb2 who kindly sent it to me, it's battered and been burnt and missing it's suspension ring lug but i'm really pleased with it.
    Harry bought a number of these from a guy who dug them from the site of the Reichs chancellery, i know we always say buy the item and not the story but with the amount of these that were scattered around the site i'll go with it. Thank you again Harry!....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross 005.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	653698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross 008.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	653699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipFb2.jpg 
Views:	917 
Size:	351.0 KB 
ID:	653700
    As i keep saying there are some great people on this forum!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Good man Harry

A kind gesture!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That's an interesting item, and a great picture too! I wonder what has happened to that bronze plaque in the background.

Nice item Gunny ! I wish I could get one, that was uncovered from that site .

Quote by Erno View Post
    That's an interesting item, and a great picture too! I wonder what has happened to that bronze plaque in the background.
    Now that plaque would be a talking point!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Such an IRONIC photo ..... "faithful service" ( I wonder if the Russians knew what it was for? ..... they are smiling so maybe they get the joke )
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Is the soldier on the right carrying a PPD-40? Really peculiar to be having that, at such late part of the war.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Is the soldier on the right carrying a PPD-40? Really peculiar to be having that, at such late part of the war.
    Good eye it is a PPD, yes a bit unusual in 1945!...

?

Thanks for posting Gunny and also for adding the always fascinating photo of the Reichs Chancellery steps.
    It never fails to amuse me that these trinkets we all seek and pay a lot of money now for were once regarded as throw away items and they were treated with disdain.

Kudos to you Harry and your generosity!