Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre

Article about: Just picked this up last week before I went out of town. A 50 year Faithful Service Cross. Hope shes a good one! Annoyed from this ads?  

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please tell us what it is about the one posted that you find incorrect.
    Once again, I have to express my reluctance to use the sale photos from e-medals as reference as to what is correct. They are not posted on their web site to be used as reference, they are for sale, (which does not mean they are original).
    Ralph.
    Mainly because of the finished piece (color) makes me very golden obviously comparing it with other originals, as I said, I repeat, it's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong
    just try to find photographs for me, are evidently original, in this case, from e-medals and thereby shown to discussion or do you think that selling e-medals is fake? would be their free opinion and I respect

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre
    P
    Many

I do not have to see anything in the business of e-medals, I'm just another one of his customers, but the review provided That dealer has-been, positive comments have Poured time and let it look like a site That only sells garbage ? I really do not understand ... It Seems somewhat contradictory, With all due respect I mention

I think a dealer who can sell this, deserves a little more credulity...my humble opinion
    http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...-cross-1939-19

http://www.emedals.com/highlighted-o...kleaves-g12487

Since I am unfamiliar with this award, I am reluctant to use the sales photos of a dealer as reference. The one you posted may be original but, since I can not tell the difference, I would rather use one of the forums and search out one that has been accepted as original to compare with.
    E-Medals may very well sell originals, but in a lot of cases they can not be experts in all of the items they sell. I never said that all they sell is garbage. As Leon has already stated, they have already been outed here for selling humped up helmets, and this makes me leery of dealing with them at all.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Since I am unfamiliar with this award, I am reluctant to use the sales photos of a dealer as reference. The one you posted may be original but, since I can not tell the difference, I would rather use one of the forums and search out one that has been accepted as original to compare with.
    E-Medals may very well sell originals, but in a lot of cases they can not be experts in all of the items they sell. I never said that all they sell is garbage. As Leon has already stated, they have already been outed here for selling humped up helmets, and this makes me leery of dealing with them at all.
    Ralph.
    So did I. ...

Faithful Service Trio! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I learn somthing new every day form you guys.
    I have had one of these in silver since I was 13 years old and no years of service number stamp on it. I never knew the use or history of these.
    Thanks for the Valuable information.

John

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You're welcome. It's a common misconception that the 50 year cross was just the highest grade to the other two and that someone could successively be bestowed all three grades, but that was not the case.

The 25 and 40 year crosses of the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen were for officials, employees and laborers in the public sector. [Beamte, Angestellte und Arbeiter des öffentlichen Dienstes] This included all national, state and municipal government and administrative bodies, the national railways and postal services, the fiscal authorities, public utility services, social security agencies, civilian personnel of the armed forces and the police, courts, the public education system etc. etc. In short, everything from street sweepers to diplomats, from letter carriers to secretaries of state and from bus drivers to supreme court judges.
    The special grade [Sonderstufe] for 50 years was only awarded to laborers and employees in the sector of private enterprise [Arbeiter und Angestellte der freien Wirtschaft] for 50 years of work for the same employer/company.

The nature of the different groups of recipients was reflected by the text on the reverse side of the crosses. The backs of the 25 and 40 year crosses read "Für treue Dienste" [For faithful services], whereas the 50 year cross had the text "Für treue Arbeit" [For faithful work/labor].
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

In my opinion the medal that started this thread is a modern reproduction. It does not match known examples by Deschler or S&L (to date only confirmed wartime makers). This is the third medal of this kind that has surfaced within last year. It is a variant that has previously been unknown to exist, always comes unmarked and uncased yet the state of preservation not only rivals comparable cased specimens but surpasses it. As close as it is to the real thing few points give it away- at least to me- no burnishing on high points of silver frame, wrong chemical frosting that takes on a yellowish hue, wrong definition of the leaves, absolutely no wear although I am sure that will change as we discuss it here.
    I believe this fake has been produced in the last year either in Czech Republic or Hungary.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

My example for comparison, which I believe to be a Deschler.

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 JahreTreue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 JahreTreue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 JahreTreue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 JahreTreue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre

Well then if that being the case I should return it.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    My example for comparison, which I believe to be a Deschler.
    And a fine looking one at that. I think I see a '1' stamp on the left side of the suspension ring (upside down) but it could be just my imagination- can you confirm if it is indeed marked?

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Hi Matt,

I don't think it is marked and my eyes aren't too flash up close anymore but I will take some macro shots over the next few days and see if anything is visible under magnification. I did once find a stamp on the ring of a Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 15 Jahre that was invisible to the naked eye (including the dealer's).

Cheers,
    Glenn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast