Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross

Article about: the service medals/crosses from my collection rory

?

Default Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross

the service medals/crosses from my collection

rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross   Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross  

Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross   Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross  

Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross   Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross  

Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross

maybe its just me but the two 25yr crosses look different could one be a fake?

Hi Rory

I believe all to be original. The Polizei award however is very worn and has lost its detail and stippling but I think is ok.
    The Faithfull service cross on the bar is very nice as is the KVK . No probs with the Wehrmacht long servive either
    Only question mark is the other 25 yr as you mention it does look slightly different on those photos. The arms dont seem to flare as much as the other and the inner borders on the arms look different. Maybe a different maker?

Lets see what the other guys think

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I thought the wreaths looked different too. Maybe some better photos would help.

?

sorry glenn wont be able to get more pics as im not at home, but i think the swatzika looks smaller? and the loop thin and very new looking

The Polizei cross is still troubling me. The base of the arms where the stippling is look deep from the edges, maybe it is shadow or tarnish that gives it that effect.

Here is my example to compare
    Attached Images Attached Images Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

i see what you mean nick but i think its just the blackish dirt on the cross that highlights the eagle also there is a white substance in places not sure what it is could do with bein cleaned but wouldnt do that

rory

?

i had the time to look at these two medals and have decided that the police cross is ok nothing stands out and the whiter areas around the eagles head and other spots is the silver finish/paint and the 25yr cross is a fake compared to my other example as the outer edge of the right arm is thinner to the others, the pebbled surface is smooth compared to the other and the areas between the swaz has the pebbled effect where my other cross is smooth lastly the suspention ring is thinner than the other and looks like stainless steel.

please correct me if im wrong

rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross   Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen & Police Long service cross  

Hi Rory
    I,ve been looking at my two 25year service medals more closely as well, since reading this thread.
    And I think I may have a fake one the same as yours the pebbling seems smoother than the other and the suspension ring appears to be steel as well. Also the ribbon is a slightly lighter shade of blue. At first I thought it may be down to different manufacturers but now who knows.

What I was wondering is the fake one slightly thicker than your original as mine seem to be two different thickness’s about 0.5mm in it.
    I might post mine in a later thread for discussion when i get that better camera.
    Thanks
    Rod

?

rod im unsure of thickness but when i did compare the two they were about the same size, i was actually looking at other examples on the forum just now and it definetly doesnt match any others. it could be a different maker but i dont know.

overall the quality is just poor also i think it just doesnt look right especially on the leaves they look cast? just noticed too the edge of the upper arm is also quite thin compared to the left and lower arms.

it would be good to see yours and hopefully someone can say for sure

rory

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast