Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to Learn

Article about: I have attached pictures two different Krim Shields. From what I know, which isn't much, it appears to me that one is a fake and the other is original. From what I have read and been told on

CTUrk3
    ?

Default Trying to Learn

I have attached pictures two different Krim Shields. From what I know, which isn't much, it appears to me that one is a fake and the other is original. From what I have read and been told on this forum, one of the best ways to tell a fake is to look at the coast lines and notice the detail or lack of it.

To my untrained eye, it appears that the shield attached to the material is the original. The one with just the back plate is the fake.

What are your opinions and why?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to Learn   Trying to Learn  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Trying to Learn

Hello,

Both of these are original shields. Rather than reinvent the wheel to illustrate, I'll use some pics from the WAF.

Floch copied the first pattern you show. The easiest way to recognize the fake is to look at the city marker for Simferopol (below the "R" in KRIM). It is well marked on the original, but is kind of a gash on the copy. There are also some key differences along the coastlines...

The second pattern you show is easy to recognize as a fake. The key is in the wings. The fake lacks the horizontal lines in the wing feathers. The eagle on the copy also appears to be wearing a helmet and is known as the helmet-head fake.

Please examine the attached pics, it should all be clear. If not let me know and I'll try to provide further assistance.

Regards,
    Rob.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to Learn   Trying to Learn  

Attached Images Attached Images Trying to Learn 

CTUrk3
    ?

Default Re: Trying to Learn

Thank you

Cliff

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.