Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Article about: Please comment on these badges if they are good or bad, I think they are bad but I need to ask the experts. Thanks z4

Default Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Please comment on these badges if they are good or bad, I think they are bad but I need to ask the experts.

Thanks z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände   Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände
    P
    Many

?

The first one with wide pin is a fake based upon the Hymenn design. Here is what a real one looks like:

Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und SicherungsverbändeTwo: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

The second badge looks like it could be an original S.H.u.Co. piece but with a replaced pin. The only concern I have is the catch, I don't recall seeing one like this on a badge from the above mentioned maker. Can you get any extra pics of this badge please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i agree with Adrian.

The first badge is definate fake.
    The second badge may also be a fake but it would be nice to see more detailed images,hinge,catch.

Regards,Martin.

hope these help but I cannot get very good picture's in this light.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände   Two: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  

Hello, for me they are both fake ,at the very best the second badge has had some major "alterations" to the reverse. Personally I would leave both well alone. Leon.

Leon, I already have the badges I bought some militaria and there was a box of badges most seem to be repo's but some are good..

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    Leon, I already have the badges I bought some militaria and there was a box of badges most seem to be repo's but some are good..
    Oh well ,as long as the deal was good for the whole lot (i.e the bits you were after) then it's all a winner!! Leon.

Quote by Adrian View Post

The second badge looks like it could be an original S.H.u.Co. piece but with a replaced pin. The only concern I have is the catch, I don't recall seeing one like this on a badge from the above mentioned maker. Can you get any extra pics of this badge please?
    After looking at the additional images i have to think that the second badge is a postwar reproduction also.Casting lines are visible on the outer margins of the badge.
    I may be wrong here.
    There is still some uncertainty as to whether SHuCo produced a Minesweeper award,to my knowledge?

Many thanks,Martin.

?

I agree with Martin's opinion now the additional images have been posted. A shame because the obverse looked promising.

There is no proof to my knowledge that S.H.u.C.o. made these badges but basing it upon Norm's classification list, this seven wave design is closest to that listed as being (potentially) from that maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the update, all I need to do now is find a collector of repo badges.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast