Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?

Article about: Hi, guys. I saw these two pieces for sale online and was curious what some of you might think about their authenticity. I'm skeptical of the U-Boat badge as it looks somewhat different than

Exclamation U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?

Hi, guys. I saw these two pieces for sale online and was curious what some of you might think about their authenticity. I'm skeptical of the U-Boat badge as it looks somewhat different than I a verified original (by Juncker) that I compared it to. Specifically, the breast of the eagle is different and the back clasp does not have a wider bar like the original. On the reverse it is marked "53" The 2nd faithful service cross looks good compared to the pictures I have in my Lumsden book and one that I saw online. Apparently the picture quality is bad as this is the 25 year silver medal and it has come out looking gold. I saw this 2nd piece for $40 and thought it'd be a good buy if original. I'm also curious if anyone would and/or knows how to safely clean a ribbon as this one has some sticker residue on the front of it.

Thanks for any thoughts on these two pieces.

Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?   U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?  

U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?   U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?  

U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?   U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?
    P
    Many

Default Re: U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?

Hi Adam, the U Boat is indeed bad.

The 25 year faithful service medal is good.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: U-Boat Bade Marked "53" and 25 Year Faithful Service Cross: Authentic Pieces?

U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen - Bad!
    25 Jahre Kreuz - Good!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....