Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I've been offered a U-Boat Badge. Its seems to made of either zinc or bunt metal with a magnetic pin assembly, the makers mark is GW ? in a circle. The brown covering front &

?

Default U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?

Hello Everyone,
    I've been offered a U-Boat Badge. Its seems to made of either zinc or bunt metal with a magnetic pin assembly, the makers mark is GW ? in a circle. The brown covering front & back is tobacco smoke. Not sure about the makers mark or if its good or bad. Can anyone help me out on this medal.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?   U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?  

U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I've been offered a U-Boat Badge. Its seems to made of either zinc or bunt metal with a magnetic pin assembly, the makers mark is GW ? in a circle. The brown covering front & back is tobacco smoke. Not sure about the makers mark or if its good or bad. Can anyone help me out on this medal.
    Best Wishes
    Hello AlecH
    Here's one I have, pin is attracted by magnet, scratch test shows white metal, I've been assured that it's a fake. I no longer use that retailer!
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?   U-Boot Abzeichen - Good ?  

?

Hi Navyman,
    Thanks for the posting, but yours is different variant and maker, your pin system run horizontal - mine vertical, different maker as well.

AlecH
    Trouble is I don't know what a genuine one looks like! I'm sure one of our experts will post a good one?
    Cheers,
    navyman.

First one posted looks ok,i'd like to see a pic of the hardware to be sure. Second one's a fake,sorry. Stewy S