Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

U Boot Abzeichen for review

Article about: Hello All, being a new fan of u boat badges can I have some expert eyes have a look at the badge below and let me know if it is a good one. I am fairly sure that either way the badge has had

Do you know Adrian i am leaning more towards it being an original badge. I have been pouring over the GCA database and the best match is of course the Souval.
    If you have a look at the reverse it is virtually identical with a slipped hinge (the one pictured goes the other way to this one) The pin is the same length and note the hook is located lower on mine than on GCA
    The obverse has a cleaner more precise cut on GCA so if you look at this badge you will see where the cutting tool has miisaligned on the left (as you look at it) This is also evident under the sub.

Another good match is the Orth....this obverse has a similar misaligned cut.

What do you think?

Thanks for your comments is a learning curve for me as well. I have only just started looking at KM badges as a field to collect in.

All the best

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Doug, If it is, indeed, a post-war Souval, as I strongly believe that it is, finding another identically constructed piece is, of course, no vindication for it being genuine. I doubt very much that Souval-or whatever company assembled these badges-made only a single piece that day, but more likely put together a box full of them. The badge shown on GCA could well have been the one made prior or next after your piece.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I know Bill but it is in their database of originals!
    I think NormF over on WAF has already given it the Post War verdict but damn it is a good looking piece and feels right in the hand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12