Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.

Article about: Just found this is it real or a fake? need to know before I buy. Thanks, birdsman

Default U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.

Just found this is it real or a fake? need to know before I buy. Thanks, birdsman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.   U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-05-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine U boat clasp

Fake. Incorrect material and hardwear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

IMO a fake......this award is very rare and will command a high price , not only that but a rarely awarded due to its late introduction (Nov 1944)...to me it looks to be a cast copy, aged....look at the softness of the edges especially the reverse, it is not crisp enough to be die struck.....the rear hardware looks to be Souval, I am not a TR collector, but in its 1957 form, there are St u L, possibly Deumer and old Rudolf's version with and with out the swastika, post war made with this type of hardware.......Peekhaus of Berlin designed the award, but known examples are made by Schwerin and are marked as such on the reverse, a couple of other makers are known, but examples of their work have not been seen.
    Prost ! Steve.

The needle pin is a giveaway.....Not good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: U-boot Frontspange in Bronze.

A fake for the reasons stated above.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....