Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.

Article about: I just joined this forum. Wow!! Lots of information available here. Just thought I would ask what you all think of this badge. It's marked R.S. on the back. It's difficult to get scans of th

Default U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.

I just joined this forum. Wow!! Lots of information available here. Just thought I would ask what you all think of this badge. It's marked R.S. on the back. It's difficult to get scans of the back, but here is the front. Thanks for any input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.   U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.  

U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-26-2010 at 09:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.

I'm really undecided on this badge. It has several features I like but then again some I don't.
    Souval badges are notoriously hard to determine originality due to the fact that being based in Vienna and not Germany, their production carried on after the war to cater for the souvenir market of occupying troops and nowadays for the 'collector' market.
    Whether this badge was made prior to May 1945 is hard to say. Has anyone else got a Souval U-Boot kriegsabzeichen to share - pre or post war production?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello,

I see no problem with this one, nice zinc Souval, but a better picture from the reverse would be good.

Maybe this will help.........about the best I can do. Thanks much for your input!!!U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.

?

Okey, its a good one Scott, fake ones have different catch and mm.
    Here is another original to compare:
    U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen.

That works for me......thank you my friend!!!!!!!

?

Things look alot better now. Is the catch attached to a base plate in turn attached to the reverse surface of the badge as per the example János posted?

Yes there is a small circular base plate under the catch. A couple questions for you if you don't mind. Is there a thread regarding wound badges? Also, I have a Kreigsmarine Officers dagger, in addition to the badges, I would like to sell. Any suggestions?

?

Quote by ddscott2004 View Post
    Yes there is a small circular base plate under the catch. A couple questions for you if you don't mind. Is there a thread regarding wound badges? Also, I have a Kreigsmarine Officers dagger, in addition to the badges, I would like to sell. Any suggestions?
    The small circular plate under the catch is to give a bigger surface area to join the catch to the zinc base metal of the badge. On badges made of tombak for example the catch can be soldered directly to the reverse but due to the nature of zinc, it doesn't take too well and this is why you find the catch plate.

There are many threads regarding wound badges, try a search for them under 'Verwundetenabzeichen' or 'Wound Badge' and you should find plenty of information.

Post you Kriegsmarine dagger on the dagger forum and the guys there will be able to authenticate it or not as the case may be and give you more information. There is a sales section here so you can place an advert for the dagger but post it for discussion first. Then add a link to the discussion in the sales ad and it will help out any potential buyers.

Ok, thanks for the info and your help. Very much appreciated.