Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hello all, I have this one here, a 5-feather variant and wanted to get some opinions. To me, this looks like a wartime product. William Kramer

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

Hello all,

I have this one here, a 5-feather variant and wanted to get some opinions. To me, this looks like a wartime product.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Kriegsabzeichen   U-boot Kriegsabzeichen  

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen   U-boot Kriegsabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs down

You could show a few more photos of the same views, but glad you didn't!
    I'm not impressed with this badge. Can't lay my finger on exactly why, but I don't like it.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    You could show a few more photos of the same views, but glad you didn't!
    I'm not impressed with this badge. Can't lay my finger on exactly why, but I don't like it.
    Sarge
    I'm not too keen either. Probably because I think the jury is still out on this unknown maker type with this version not fully accepted because of the "unknown" caveat. Also, the hollow buntmetal variant of this badge is generally accepted as post war. With this one in particular the finish looks very fragile and "false" to me as if it was quickly sprayed with hobby paint. But that might be the pics I appreciate. The way this one is bent just gives me the impression of a fairly soft item which of course would be a red flag. All the pics seem to be taken at a few degrees away from the right angle which makes it hard to judge proportions etc and I can't clearly see the eagles head in any of them.

I might be seeing ghosts but given the average price of U-Boot Abz I would pass this one by unless you are really keen on it and have bomb-proof provenance for it.

Just my gut feeling.

Mark

I don't like the finish to it either.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

fair enough guys, thank you for the feedback!

William Kramer

Hi, I would echo the guys concern about the finish, the reverse looks especially suspect in that respect. The swastika on this piece also looks a bit poor in it's quality, almost a touch mis-shapen? Maybe it is a good re-finished piece that has been knocked about in it's life, but personally I would pass on it. Leon.