Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.

Article about: Hi all. I am new to the forums and hope I am posting these in the right places. I am looking for info on this U Boat badge, whether its late war, etc. Anything you can provide is appreciated

Default U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.

Hi all. I am new to the forums and hope I am posting these in the right places. I am looking for info on this U Boat badge, whether its late war, etc. Anything you can provide is appreciated!U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-06-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.

I like it. It's made from zinc which would indicate a late war badge but it's retained a good amount of finish. There are scrapes to the front of the U-Boot which is a shame but overall I think it's a good original badge.

Maybe one of the others can give you some more information as to the likely maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Looks like a good Zinc Deumer.

?

Hi Guys,

Did something happen to Peter's reply? I don't see anything but a blank message and the flag that Adrian liked it?

Anyway, looks like a typical zinc Deumer but as Adrian pointed out some damage to the obverse of the sub. Also, it appears that the hinge block has been removed and re-attached farther to the left, and the finish is removed around it. Perhaps it was held in a vice of some kind when that was done, causing the damage to the obverse?

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Quote by pantherv View Post
    Looks like a good Zinc Deumer.
    That's strange Norm, I've quoted Peter's reply above in case there are other members who can't see it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Almost certainly a later Deumer (Typical great detailing on the Eagle) and has been stated above, for some unknown reason the hinge block has been re-attached but a horribly crooked job of it! I'm thinking that Norm has hit it pretty on target-it looks like some fool tightened it in an unprotected jaw vise to work on it. Maybe he disgusted even himself with the work and didn't care how the hinge looked after he'd noticed what he'd done! Otherwise, it's a pretty decent badge!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That's strange Norm, I've quoted Peter's reply above in case there are other members who can't see it.
    Thanks Adrian,

I've discovered the problem -- seems to be a compatibility issue between the forum format and my current version of the Safari browser. Sometimes a one line message is missing and other times two lines are superimposed on each other. When I view the same threads in the Firefox browser they're perfectly fine!

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Thank you for the information!