Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RS

Article about: Thank you

Default U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RS

U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RSU-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RS
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-26-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RS
    P
    Many

Default Re: U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen faint markers mark R.R? not RS

Hi

Sorry but this is another fake.The pin set-up is completely wrong for a RS U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen.

Thanks

Cameron

Hearing you say that scared me, aslo makes me feel much better about the others!!! Got this from a vet who never collected. Knew him well. I am 100% sure it's original.

- - Updated - -

I know your trying to help and thank you for that but be sure before calling something fake. This one is without question original. You would have to know the vet I guess to understand.

Hi

I am sorry to say but this is a fake. Certain makers have certain characteristics pin, catch, finish etc but this I can say is not an original U- boat badge made by RS.

No offence intended but believe the item not the story.

Thanks

Cameron

ITS NOT RS!! Im sorry but your wrong. I'm ok with that, I know for sure. I believe the man, not story. He GAVE me everything for free he brought home. Luffwaffe dagger 2 sa daggers 4 wwi austria medals this badge and the other badge you spoke on, along with other items. He showed me pictures of him over there. He was not a collector, no family. He was a amazing man and very honest. I would bet my life on it.

Hi

I sorry but even if it is not RS it is still fake. I have a reference book with all the known variations of World War Two German combat badges and this does not match any of them.

Thanks

Cameron

Your wrong. Reference books can be wrong. Wait for someone else comments. If you know Joe you know this is real. He was a friend, not just some vet I bought from.

Hi

After a more detailed search for a U-Boat badge I found a badge witch could resemble yours. (See link)

U-Boat by R.K. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I was not aware that this badge was in fact makers marked RK and not RS.

The manufacturer used two types of catches as far as I am aware:

My reference book only features the RK badge with a cast catch witch is believed to be late war.

But as the link shows in another reference book it shows the other RK badge with a catch witch is believed to be early war.

So I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and in fact my reference book is wrong as you said. So your badge is a early war U-Boat badge.

I am sorry and I admit that I made a mistake.

Cameron

I'm sorry as well but the man who gave this to me just died of cancer. This is the only reason I fought back, otherwise I'd just leave it aloe. Everyone is intitled to there opinion.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I'm sorry as well but the man who gave this to me just died of cancer. This is the only reason I fought back, otherwise I'd just leave it aloe. Everyone is intitled to there opinion.
    Hi

I am sorry to hear that he pasted away. I am sure this is probably an emotional time for you.

I wish you all the best.

Cameron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast