Become our sponsor and display your banner here

U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen, real or fake?

Article about: Please, can you say me what do you think about this Uboot badge? Thanks partisan

Default U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen, real or fake?

Please, can you say me what do you think about this Uboot badge?

Thanks

partisan
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-05-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uboot badge, real or fake?

If you ask me - I like it, it has a nice eagle, a nice swaz and the wreath looks very even.

Have you been offered this from the same seller who has the Tellermutzen for sale?

I would look much closer.

Untitled Document

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ick, bad day

?

Default Re: U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen, real or fake?

Yep, the link Ade has posted is in the sticky 'Useful Reference Links' thread at the top of this forum.

i love the junker screw back looks beutiful the one shown at the top is just to soft if you look at the eagles feet (back) you will see what i mean

?

Note the propeller is also missing from the badge above, compare to the originals on Gordon's site.

Hello Partisan,

Not an expert so wait for more knowledgeable people to comment but IMO...

I have seen this design before (always without propeller); usually with thin horizontal needle pin (not this pin/hinge set-up as either solid back or hollow back but ALWAYS UNMARKED. In my opinion its one of the sub badges' variants with the better designed eagles (with Juncker, early (long neck) Schwerin, 5 feather variant etc) but this design is definitly not a Schwerin design so its either a repro or at best it could even be an original early specimen of this variant that was "enhanced" with a desirable maker mark to make it more credible/valuable. Either way not something you would want for your collection. Lots of original Schwerin badges marked & unmarked for sale on various sites (eg: Weitze, emedals etc) and discussed on various forums and reference books. If I were you I would do some research and comparare designs first before buying

Regards

JC

Hi partisan,

IMO a fake.Kriegsmarine are not my collecting field,but i think it is a very simple copy.MickeyM said it,not only the design is bad....

Regards
    Joachim