MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Ulrich Graf's Blutorden

Article about: Just a heads up that I have Graf's Blutorden coming up for sale at work on July 26th Cheers, Ade.

This 'call-for-a-banning' thing's a storm in a teacup.

I'm old.

Very old.

I've seen it so many times before.

It's a bit like Brexit .................. some folks just can't accept when they're beat !

Ignore them ................ they'll go away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulrich Graf's Blutorden
    P
    Many

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I really wish these people would find a hobby of their own, and stop criticising other people's.
    This is their hobby.

By the way ....................

Ban the sale of something ............................... and it's value/price immediately quadruples.

Just look at alcohol prices after prohibition in the United States.

So ................. banning the sale of Third Reich militaria might actually be a very good thing for us old-timers, with well-documented collections !!

Hmm, I don't hear any calls to ban the sale of Roman artifacts or Crusade relics etc!

History is history, good bad or indiferent and the fact that some are intrigued by it is perhaps our salvation.

Those who would surpress it may well kill us all.

Just my thoughts

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I've always wondered why this ban/outrage culture is unique to Nazi-related artifacts. Why is there no similar outrage directed at the sale of Imperial Japanese militaria? Or Soviet? It is not as if Nazi Germany is the only regime responsible for the murder of millions of innocents. Chairman Mao's 'Great Leap Forward', the Cambodian Genocide, the Holodomor... And yet sales of articles bearing the Hammer and Sickle, even modern items, goes without so much as a mutter or whisper from the outrage brigade.

I really wish these people would find a hobby of their own, and stop criticising other people's.

B.B.
    BB well said. I've used this same argument many times to defend my collection to no avail. The dreaded swastika is the only symbol I know of that evokes so much hatred, yet people walk around with t shirts bearing the likenesses of mass murderers and executioners like Mao, Stalin and Che Guevara to name just a few.

?

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    By the way ....................

Ban the sale of something ............................... and it's value/price immediately quadruples.

Just look at alcohol prices after prohibition in the United States.

So ................. banning the sale of Third Reich militaria might actually be a very good thing for us old-timers, with well-documented collections !!
    Well said.

JMM
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    BB well said. I've used this same argument many times to defend my collection to no avail. The dreaded swastika is the only symbol I know of that evokes so much hatred, yet people walk around with t shirts bearing the likenesses of mass murderers and executioners like Mao, Stalin and Che Guevara to name just a few.
    "In war the first casualty is the truth"

TWS
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This is their hobby.
    Nailed it. There is a sub-set of people, especially here in the U.S. that go around looking for things to be offended by. The social justice warrior/perpetual outrage culture. Usually characterized by low intelligence, thin skin, and ignorance of history.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very ironic that so-called 'symbols of hatred', produce such fervent hatred in turn.

B.B.

I've been looking at a few recent Blood Order sales and offerings this evening.

OK ......... my '1627' is an 'anonymous' BO holder.

So far.

But I still think I got a pretty good deal back in 1995 !

I managed to buy this BO plus some related documents .................. including one signed by Himmler ................. for £1k.

Better than money in the bank.

Happy days !
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 08-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5