Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz part

Article about: When i used to go to Holland and Germany looking for Ground dug items, which i enjoy collecting, about 10 yrs ago i went into what looked like a basement of an old bombed out building ... th

Default Unfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz part

When i used to go to Holland and Germany looking for Ground dug items, which i enjoy collecting, about 10 yrs ago i went into what looked like a basement of an old bombed out building ... there was boxes of metel plates, and several stamped in steel what looked like SS belt buckle centers, l took a few of them, and some parts of iron cross,s, plus these two items , looks like unfinished flak badge, and unfinished iron cross center, the lastime i went over, the basement had been plowed over and gone.....just thought id share this, any thoughts would be welcome...Unfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz partUnfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz part
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-12-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz part
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unfinished Heer Flakkampfabzeichen & Eisernes Kreuz part

Hi Jerry,
    Where in Holland/Germany were they found?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Interesting items you've got there!

- Kenneth

fantastic great finds

?

Anyone recognise the Heer eagle?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

l thought at first i had found old dies, but were unfinished buckles and medals, the olny town name i remember was BUCHOLD, it was about 45 min drive on back roads, due to it being illegal to dig there, there were several very large farm building, and could see where they were shelled, and repaired, the older farmer said there was a flak battery behind the barns, and we dug there, and there were loads of live shells, which he was happy we found, he told me across the road on the hill was a soldier barracks in 1945, i went there and was lots of old wood and things, and found a dump, that produced several broken cap badges, medicine bottles, old bottles and cans, thats when l seen the concrete basement, loads of stone bricks and tons of briar bushes grown over and in and out, but l got in, size of a regular house cellar...no sign of modern garbage at all, but several wood boxes, broken wine bottles, but a few boxes of metel plates, all about size of a postcard, most was rusty steel, some zinc plates a a couple brass, then a box of stamped belt buckle centers, ss, HJ, luft. Army, and Gog Wheel swastika, which i took, and then several ironcross frames, iron centers, some unfinished centers like in the pics, plus the flak badge, and panzer badge, just stamped on a large metal plate, which l gave to a friend..no machine,s or anything like tools, but several exploded artillery shells, whick i still have...it was a pretty good day for relic hunting, my friend found a lot of old roman coins as well that same area...thanks for listening, sorry for such a long post...i,ll try and look over some old maps and see if i can locate somewhere close to where i wasw...regards..jerry

Interesting finds..............

The '88' gun is lacking detail, and I would have thought that a die stamping
    would be totally complete in one press, not a partial image.

The 'apron' around the badge and material inside would also be
    punched through as well, perhaps needing only minor
    finishing of the edges.
    Regards,

Steve.