Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unique Saar badge

Article about: I have never seen this badge before. I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these? Thank you.

Default Unique Saar badge

I have never seen this badge before. I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these? Thank you.
    Unique Saar badgeUnique Saar badgeUnique Saar badgeUnique Saar badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Saar badge
    P
    Many

Unique Saar badgeUnique Saar badgeFor me personally this item is to far on the exotic sides for me.

I saw a similar on the below link- I will also upload pics of it.

original 1935 Third Reich Saar pin

I do not have the expertise or knowledge to make a diffinative call on this,
    just proving in for support of discussion,

I am also not familiar with the person running the above site. I am not attempting to endorse or defame them. just providing examples.

There are a laundry list of differences between the too, going to need everyone else's help on this

Gen

Hello and thank you Gen. You are quite right, there are many difference with the badge I posted. I have seen the "tinnie" version you have posted however. This is what perplexes me, I have never seen a solid back badge version before. Perhaps it is a private purchase item for a higher official?

I have poked around a little.
    Response of concern
    #1 Of all examples I have found they are all tinnies. not solid and more badge like
    #2 Number stamp names no sense unless its silver which in my opioin it is not.
    #3 2 Piece Construction is almost ( but not totally ) uniform for the saar land shape. i have found no example with the saar amoeba thing welded or soldiered to the front of the badge.
    #4 The font on the above badge differs from the group.
    #5 clasp looks like dodgy
    #6 if the pin is the average size of other badges like IAB ect that means it way to big.
    #7 my gut says run

as it turns out it seems to be a rather common badge and can be had from 50-100$

Sturm what does this measure out at? where did you find this badge?

something just doesn't seem right
    Gen

As Gen indicates above, #7 would be the action
    I would take. To me, the badge has a look of
    a Floch type pin and catch.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you Gen, and Steve for your comments. Gen, I do not own this badge. It belongs to a dealer-friend of mine; I was considering purchasing this piece, however. He claims the mark is "935" silver, which is somewhat spurious to me as well. Thanks to your assistance, Gen, I have decided to play it safe and stay away from this badge. Thanks again.

Gilt plated 935 silver mark? That alone would make me pass on it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

looks dodgy to me too.